Who we are
This site is operated by the Smart Factory VN group.
In this statement “Smart Factory VN”, “us” or “we” refers to the relevant Smart Factory VN legal entity that you are dealing with and if in doubt please ask.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you which is processed in accordance with this statement. Please contact us using the details below if you have any questions on these terms or the service that we provide.
What information we hold about you
We may hold personal information about you including the following:
name and contact details;
technical and analytical information obtained through cookies; and
other information you provide to us.
We collect this information directly from you when you register on our sites, subscribe to our newsletters, respond to a survey or otherwise provide this information to us. We may also obtain information that you have made publically available or shared with us or any of our staff on third party platforms such as LinkedIn.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following purposes
providing you with access to our relevant publications;
to personalise your experience on our sites;
responding to any enquiries which you make to us relating to any of our products or services;
to process and administer any payments that you make to us;
to monitor site usage to develop and administer our websites, services and publications; and
to provide you with promotional information about our services, news, advice, and offers.
Who we may share your information with
We may disclose your personal information to:
our agents and service providers;
our infrastructure providers;
a third party who acquires our business;
another company in the Smart Factory VN group; and
law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by law.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see:
Keeping your information secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database to only be accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and they are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Reasons we collect and use your personal information
We may use your information in the following ways:
where it is necessary to perform a contract with you;
where it is required by law;
where you have provided consent, provided that you can withdraw this consent at any time; or
where it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a business including:
responding to enquiries
providing services to our customers
improving and developing our services
the administration of our business
monitoring and maintaining standards within our business
promoting our business
establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, detailed unsubscribe instructions are included at the bottom of each email.
For more information, including how to disable/delete cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
Transfer of data out of the EEA
Information that we collect from you may be transferred to third party service providers working for us who may process that information at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’).
These destinations may not have the same legal protections for personal data as you enjoy under English law. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement and data protection legislation.
When we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
the countries we transfer your personal data to have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
we use contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal data similar protection to that which it has in the EEA; or
where we use providers based in the SU, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which required them to provide similar protection to personal data that applies within the EEA.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Retention of information
We will retain your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, or for as long as we have your consent to do so where your consent is our legal basis on which we process such data. All retained data will be held subject to this policy.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you interact with us.
To contact us please use the following details: [email protected]
This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions which apply to the use of Smart Factory VN and/or its affiliates (collectively, “the Company”). The right to use any product or service offered by the Company is personal to you and is not transferable to any other person or entity.
The “Company Sites” shall mean all areas and any subscription or other paid products and services offered or available on the interactive online service operated by the Company on the World Wide Web. The Company Sites consist of information services and content provided by the Company, affiliates of the Company and third parties. The term “Community Areas” means the bulletin boards, chat rooms and other user participatory areas on the Company Sites.
The Company shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Company sites including, but not limited to, the Community Areas, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means including but not limited to, posting on the Community Areas a revised version of this Agreement or notification by electronic mail. Any use by you of the Community Areas after such notice shall conclusively be deemed to be acceptance by you of such changes, modifications, additions or deletions. You agree to review the terms and conditions of this Agreement periodically to be aware of such revisions.
3. Use of the Company Sites and the Community Areas
- The Community Areas shall be used for lawful purposes only. No material shall be posted on or transmitted through the Community Areas which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law. No conduct shall be undertaken that, in the Company’s judgment, restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Community Areas. Advertising or commercial solicitation may be posted on or transmitted through the Community Areas but only with the Company’s express prior approval and only if the advertising or commercial solicitation complies with all conditions imposed by the Company.
- The Company Sites and the Community Areas contain copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information including text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the Company Sites are copyrighted as a collective work under the EU copyright laws. The Company is the owner of the copyright in all the Company Sites. The Company owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. Each third party content provider owns the copyright in content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, display, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit the content of the Company Sites or any portion of it. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, you may not copy, redistribute, publish, display or commercially exploit any material from the Company Sites without the express permission of the Company and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of material from the Company Sites, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark, legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
- You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Community Areas any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. You are responsible for determining that such material is not protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or any other harm resulting from any uploading, posting or submission.
- You hereby grant to the Company, and their respective affiliates worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any message posted in the Community Areas and/or any e-mail sent by you to the Company (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
- You may not (i) select or use a member name or e-mail address of another person with the intention of impersonating that person; (ii) use a member name or e-mail address of anyone else without authorization; (iii) use a member name in violation of the intellectual property rights of any person; or (iv) use a member name that the Company considers to be offensive.
- You shall provide the Company with accurate, complete and updated information provided by you at the time of registration.
- You shall not engage in any activity that is contrary to or which would adversely affect the purpose or intention of the Company Sites, including but not limited to, actually or attempting to manipulate, corrupt or otherwise affect the outcome of the Sites’ services, in whole or in part, by, among other methods, registering multiple accounts under the same or different names.
- The Company Sites contain links to other web sites, resources and advertisers. The Company is not responsible for the availability of these external sites nor does it endorse or is it responsible for the contents, advertising, products or other materials made available on or through such external sites. Under no circumstances shall the Company be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused to a user in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on such external site. You should direct any concerns to such external site’s administrator or webmaster.
- You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of thr Company Sites and Community Areas and all charges related thereto.
- The foregoing provisions of this Section 3 are for the benefit of the Company, its affiliates, third party content providers and licensors, and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly on its own behalf.
- The Company has carefully designed the Company Sites with the purpose of delivering certain content to users in a particular format and with a particular appearance. No third party shall have the right to utilize the content of the Company Sites in any way that interferes with that purpose. In particular, the Company prohibits any party from displaying the content on the Company. Sites in any format where third party advertising or other materials that the Company did not authorize is viewed or viewable together with the Company’s proprietary content.
The Company shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the Community Areas to determine compliance with this Agreement and any other operating rules that may be established by the Company. from time to time. The Company shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the Community Areas. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company shall have the right, but not the obligation, to remove